Visit Sydney’s west (VSW) the wholly owned subsidiary of Western Sydney Business Connection is committed to maintaining your privacy.
VSW is the lead destination marketing agency for the region defined as Sydney’s west.
VSW will collect, store, use and disclose Personal Information in accordance with the PPIPA, the Privacy Act and any other relevant laws and codes of practice in operation from time to time including EU Regulations.
When interacting with VSW’s websites, mobile websites or mobile applications, the user (your) privacy is protected by the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998 (NSW) (including the Information Privacy Principles (IPPs)) (PPIPA) and Privacy Act 1988 (including the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs)) (Privacy Act).
Personal Information is defined by Australian and New South Wales Legislation and Privacy Principles as namely information or any opinion, whether true or not, and whether recorded in a material form or not, about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable.
Personal information is also defined by the EU Regulation, namely:
- Any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (Article 4 of the Regulation – a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person, cookie ID, ID card number, location data, advertising identifier on phones, IP address, an email address or a telephone number
- Any information relating to an individual, whether it relates to his or her private, professional or public life. It can be anything from a home address, a photo, an email address, bank details, posts on social networking websites, or medical information.
Examples of data not considered personal data are:
- a company registration number
- an email address such as email@example.com
- anonymised data
VSW will only collect personal information for a lawful purpose which is reasonably necessary for, or directly related to VSW’s function or activities for obtaining feedback about the effectiveness of the company’s services.
VSW will not collect any more information than is necessary for it to fulfil these functions, unless required by law.
VSW, in carrying out its functions and activities, on occasion collects personal information directly through its website, for various purposes that relate to the development and promotion of tourism, immigration, student enrolment and events in the region of western Sydney.
The provision of the user’s (your) personal information on VSW’s website is voluntary and you can opt out at any time.
Choosing not to provide your personal information may disallow VSW to forward material that you request or provide you with any of the services available through this website. You can choose to remain anonymous or use a pseudonym.
In time, as part of its functions, VSW may conduct market research surveys, offer access to publications, processes requests for tour brochures or information, provide avenues for the booking of holidays or facilities, provide opportunities for tourism operators to market and promote their services, distribute industry based publications, conduct competitions and collect information on the types of holidays or events that you, the potential and actual visitor, would like to see more of in the future. In providing these services VSW hopes to ensure its users / members and potential visitors are connected with and have the necessary information to enjoy their stays and interactions, in the region.
VSW collection of personal information is performed in an open manner and where consent is obtained.
VSW will ensure that any personal information collected is relevant to VSW’s purpose, is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
The information will be collected directly from and in full knowledge of the user (you,) unless it is reasonably impracticable to do so.
Personal information will be collected when, you, the user, amongst others:
- Submits forms or other material to VSW containing personal information,
- Provides personal information via email,
- Completes a new supplier / industry membership form,
- Undertakes a market research survey,
- Enters into a contract with VSW.
Email addresses are recorded when an email message is sent to VSW or when a user subscribes to an online mailing list.
These email addresses are stored electronically in accordance with standards and authorities set by the relevant Acts of the government of New South Wales.
An email address is only used for the purpose for which it is provided and is not added to any unauthorised mailing list or disclosed to other organisations unless you request that this to be done.
If you subscribe to one of VSW’s online mailing lists, you can and will easily be able to remove such email details by unsubscribing. Each mailing list will provide clear instructions on how to unsubscribe.
“Pixels” means the use of use of pixels (1 x 1 pixel images that allow services to tell companies how many people have visited their site).
When the user (you) takes a certain action on the VSW website or other digital assets, a request is sent to the server to download the tracking pixel attached to the content you’re interacting with.
It’s an invisible process to you but the data collected will help us and our sponsors, members and partners build better digital ad and content experiences for you. All information collected is de-identified and VSW will not collect or disclose any personal information.
There are risks associated with the transmission of information over the Internet and the user (you) should therefore make their / your own assessment of the risks in the provision of information to VWS’s website and sites linked to the web site.
This website contains numerous links to other organisation’s web pages.
VWS is not responsible for the information handling practices or privacy policies of those other organisations.
VSW will provide / display alternative means of dealing with partner and/or sponsoring companies / brands.
The listed websites may utilise cookies to enhance the user’s experience of the site. A cookie is a small text file that is sent back to your computer’s hard drive from a host website. Cookies record the user’s (your) preferences in relation to use of a site . They provide information that allows us to recognise you in the future.
The cookies on the listed websites do not read the information on your hard drive nor do they make your computer perform any unauthorised actions or make your computer send information to any other computer via the Internet.
You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether or not to allow it. However, if you decide to not accept cookies, some of VSW’s web pages may not display properly or you may not be permitted to access certain information. When you access any of the pages on the website, we automatically record information that identifies, for each page accessed:
- The IP (Internet Protocol) address of the machine which has accessed it
- The user’s (your) top-level domain name (for example .com, .gov, .au, .uk etc.)
- The address of the user’s (your) server
- The date and time of the user’s (your) visit to the site
- The pages accessed and documents downloaded
- The previous site visited
- The user’s browser type and operating system.
The information collected during each visit to the VSW website is aggregated with similar logged information and published in reports in order for VSW to manage its website services and identify patterns of usage of the site.
VSW will not disclose or publish information that identifies individual computers, or potentially identifies sub-groupings of addresses, without consent or otherwise in accordance with the PPIPA.
“Data matching” means the bringing together of at least two data sets that contain personal information, and that come from different sources, and the comparison of those data sets with the intention of producing a match.
VSW may from time to time utilise Google’s Customer Match technology (a data matching tool) to provide a service to users (you) whereby offers are geared to your personal preferences.
Accordingly, VSW may share your personal information with Google’s Customer Match platform in order to undertake data matching. In the course of data matching, your personal information remains protected through the use of a one-way hashing mechanism that cannot be encrypted.
Personal information that VSW shares with Google, including email addresses, will be hashed against Google’s database of hashed users, without Google ever seeing the un-hashed data.
By continuing to use this site, you consent to VSW sharing your personal information with Google for data matching purposes. If you would not like VWS to use your Personal information for data matching, you can request such by contacting VSW via the https://www.wsbc.org.au/ web site.
For more information on Google’s Customer Match platform visit: support.google.com/adwords/answer/6334160
This data is on VSW server , held securely and accessible only by VWS staff. Information is stored using Microsoft Systems and software.
VSW takes all reasonable steps to:
- Protect the security and integrity of any personal information held, be it stored in electronic or hard copy format.
- Ensure that the quality of personal information is as reasonable in the circumstances and that the personal information that VWS collects is accurate, up-to-date and complete.
- As are reasonable in the circumstances, ensure that the personal information used or disclosed is, having regard to the purpose of the use or disclosure, accurate, up-to-date, complete and relevant.
- Ensure that users have access to and ability to correct their personal information.
VSW will store your information as per the mandatory data retention laws in Australia, or as otherwise required by law.
The retention time will be as appropriate. Should the user (you) provide consent for a longer retention period, we will hold your data in line with your consent.
Once it is no longer necessary to retain the information, VSW will dispose of it in a secure manner.
The processing of any personal data belonging to European Union citizens or others resident in the European Union will be subject to the Regulation no matter where the data is stored or processed.
VSW will only use, communicate or handle personal information for the primary purpose for which the information was collected, or in circumstances where the user’s (your) consent to other use of your personal information. This includes processing for:
- The performance of a contract.
- Compliance with a legal obligation.
- Protection of the vital interests of the data subject or of another natural person.
- The purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by VSW or by a third party unless such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject, which require protection of personal data, in particular if the data subject is a child.
- Access to/consultation of a contacts database containing personal data
- Sending promotional emails
- Posting/putting a photo of a person on a website
- Storing IP addresses or MAC addresses
In regard to processing; VSW complies with the following principles:
- Processing of the data in a manners that are lawful, fair and transparent.
- Use the data for legitimate purposes.
- Limit the use only to what is necessary.
- Process the data in a way that maintains its accuracy.
- Store the data for no longer than necessary.
- Process the data in a secure fashion.
VSW will not disclose your Personal Information to anyone without your consent unless legally required to do so.
The circumstances in which Destination NSW will collect, use and disclose more extensive information than stated above will apply in the following circumstances:
- unauthorised attempts to access files which are not publicly available
- unauthorised tampering or interference with files on the listed websites
- unauthorised attempts to index the contents of the listed websites
- attempts to intercept messages of other users of the listed websites
- communications which are defamatory, abusive, vilify individuals or groups or which give rise to a suspicion that an offence is being committed
- attempts to otherwise compromise the security of the web server, breach the laws of the State of New South Wales or Commonwealth of Australia, or interfere with the use of the listed websites by other users.
VSW reserves the right to make disclosures to relevant authorities where the use of the listed websites raises a suspicion that an offence is being, or has been, committed. In the event of an investigation, VSW will provide access to data to any law enforcement agency that may exercise a warrant to inspect our logs.
VSW may initiate proceedings in relation to any loss or damage suffered as a result of unauthorised use of information or any of the above circumstances.
Disclosure may also occur where it is lawfully authorised or required under any act, other law or statutory agency or foreign body.
VSW does not have any responsibility for privacy policies or practices of third party sites linked to from the listed websites.
VSW takes all reasonable steps to ensure the personal information it collects is accurate, complete and up-to-date. Accordingly and as required by the PPIPA, Users (you) can access any of your Personal Information that we hold, except in the circumstances set out in appropriate legislation.
Under the Regulation, you have certain rights including:
- Right of Access
- Right of Erasure
- Right to Rectification
- Right to Object
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
VSW provides this privacy management plan in compliance with the PPIPA
(Privacy Management Plan).
Due to the developing nature of privacy principles for online communication, this policy may be modified or expanded in light of new developments or issues that may arise from time to time. The amended policy will be posted to this site and will operate from the time it is posted.